View Single Post
      08-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
m5huang
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1995 bmw 325is

ED n00b question

Hi Folks,

I've been reading the forums because I'm interested in doing ED of the F10 M5. I live in California, but have family in NJ.

Honestly, my main concern is pricing. Doing some feeler calls around to my local dealership, the salespeople are all playing the game that they can only sell the car at ED MSRP. I told them that I wasn't going to be that sucker who would buy it for that price and for them to call me back once they're serious. So I'm thinking of expanding my reach. I'm 99% certain of what i want (Thanks guys for posting the bmwconfig site!!)

Therefore:

1- Does it matter which dealership I purchase the m5 for ED?
2- Assuming I'm OK with traveling to that dealership to pickup the car after ED in Germany, what benefits does a local dealership have over let's say I bu y one from NJ? Does it change the service warranty or....? I realize that I'll need to ship the car back over, but if I can save thousands in the car price, it may be worth it.
3- I read in the forums that some dealerships are willing to make deals at a little above ED invoice. Is that still the case?
4- Any other tips or experience in the buying process would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0