05-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I did a ED 11 years ago. Can someone who has done it more recently talk me through the chicken and egg aspect of booking your trip versus when it will be ready for delivery (pick up in Munich). I can tremember how it went. I think after the order, they sent me a window of when I should be there to pick it up. Just cant remember how far that was from the order date (a few weeks...or months).
I was told that once it goes into Production (my apologies but I haven't had a chance to go read through the posts with the actual status codes yet) you will be provided with the date that it will be available for pickup in Munich. So my dealer said I would get this in June (right before it goes into Production) and that we are expecting a tentative right now of the first days of September. What I am thinking will happen is when the car actually goes into Production, they will give me a date (hopefully late August or early September) and then I will book (maybe with a 1 day window) and then as we approach the date, my guess is that the car will be done early by a few days and I'll just be able to pickup when I had previously scheduled my appointment at Welt unless we can move it up and get flights changed (best part about having FF status is hopefully changing flights w/o fees ).
Appreciate 0