View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

No problem
I am still working towards the upgrade but as the car has been in hibernation not much progress
has been made.
Target time frame is end of April for the finished setup
So far I've bought a set of B&O speaker grills as one of the major obstacles for better sound are the covers themselves. The aluminum covers cover the entire speaker and have a big impact on sound quality. So just upgrading the factory speakers and not modifying the grills will not give you a significant improvement.
I am modifying the B&O grills to replace the portion covering the speakers with speaker cloth (might add some custom LED light around the grills, similar to the M6) but retain the outer part with the B&O logo/aluminum base.
As for speakers we have not yet decided whether we'll go with Focal or Dynaudio.
Also on the amp side there are a couple of options on the table.
I'll provide an update in the coming weeks as we finalize the choices and setup.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0