11-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #66
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
I have to agree. I've driven the 991S as a loaner, and actually missed my GTS quite a bit. The sound, PDCC, interior and seats were the big items. You can get the 991S with the PDCC and adaptive sport seats, but still not the GTS sound and interior. The ride quality of the GTS is just unreal considering it's handling, which is actually pretty darned close to the 991S.

For the car that does it all with the handling of a sports car, I don't think there is any comparison. Definitely test drive a GTS.

hey guys, I will chime in here since I'm right now debating two similar cars (M5 vs Pana GTS). I have yet to drive the M5 and will do so later this week. I have 2 kids under 2 years old so for me the back seat is a big must have now. I already have a few sports cars that are 2-seaters and they have proven useless 99% of the time now sitting in my garage sadly.

This car is to be a DD for me and to replace my IS-F which has proven too small.

I drove the GTS and it's an amazing car with Ferrari like sports car sounds. They really did an awesome number with the PDK tranny, in sport mode this thing barks, downshifts with authority like it's reading your mind. Handling makes you forget you are driving a huge saloon type 4-door with massive cargo space. I take highway sweepers faster than I would care to type here but the car sticks to the road like glue! The car I drove had optional 21" wheels but I don't think that mattered. I love the Panamera GTS and could only find fault in 2 things: seats 4 and they (Porsche) really nickel dimes you on options. I lightly optioned mine and almost spent $20k on options alone.

BMW in contrast keeps the options simple, I really only want the "executive package" and even that I could live without. So price wise I'm looking at easily under $100k vs. $120k+ on the GTS.

To the OP: If I was in your shoes and you only want one car, definitely go for the M5 or look at the GTS. Both cars are fun and I would easily pick one of these over the 991, just my 2 cents. Styling wise I think the P-car pops a bit more but styling is always subjective.

This is the Pana I test drove:

15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0