03-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
South, thanks for posting this. I will, however, take a different take on this. I view this as less from a "me & what transmission I would want" and more from "what this signal for the future of ///M".

We continually (well, I at least do this) continue to throw rocks at BMW for ruining their ///Ms with low revving engines and FI and other "softenings". But I must admit that I realize for the ///M5, as I have said a few times recently, it really needs to be a executive sedan as much as a sports sedan because of many buyers taking these cars to business meetings and out with clients / colleagues alike.

So I have soften my stance on this car.........that being said if they put a Manual in her, and just for the U.S. no less, its a big sign that they are still listening to the enthusiasts, the old school guys. For that, I would be eternally grateful......its like a lifelong friend coming back to the neighborhood to remind you that despite his fame, fortune and beautiful wife, he still has your back. To me, that means everything.

Cheers,
e46e92
Very well said, amazing insight and comparison. +1