stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan
Thank you guys for the info. Now I am quite disappointed as the installer I got was highly recommended in this forum and their shop prices was probably the most expensive. I spent more than $3000.00+ for the paint protection film install and that's not for the entire coverage of the car only the front/rear bumpers, full hood & fender, sills, rear arches. I was charged $585.00 for that front bumper alone (that has the seam).

So if the installer I got does not correct this, can anybody suggest an installer in the NYC metro area that they have had good experienced with their 2013 M5 PPF install? This bumper seam is giving me such an upset stomach!
You got worked. I got same coverage as you plus full rocket kit including lower door piece, luggage sill, door cups and A pillars for $1400. And it is flawless with a self healing film.

I used Suntek PPF-C which was computer cut with XPEL software.

The guy showed me several templates in the XPEL software so I could pick the cleanest template for my preferences. No high profile seams.

Also the software allows you to select correct size and oversized edged for wrapping the edges. I did the latter.

Was a fantastic experience - I loved that the installer walked me through the templates and the edge wrapping options.

Also the Suntek PPFC is awesome. Superb clarity. I have had scratches from flying rocks that healed by itself.

For the price you paid, your dealer should re do it for free.
Appreciate 0