View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
My friend texted me earlier saying tomorrow he's going to do a ED on an M5 or M6.

The payments for the M5 are 150 less a month than the M6, but the M6 is stickering at 118k, while the M5 is 98k.

Due to that is a great ED over invoice deal on both cars, but the M6 has an EXTRA $7500 off.

Although the payment is still somewhat different, what would you guys recommend for my friend? Thanks in advance.

Essentially, I'm asking is the M6 worth the premium over the M5 honestly?

For 150 a month? Thanks.
It really depends on what he needs or wants. The M5 is a great looking sedan and has tons of practicality and utility, where as the M6 is even better looking but doesn't have the practicality or the utility. So will he ever need to ferry passengers in the rear? Or will he ever need split fold down rear seats? Is he ever planning on tracking? The M6 is the better car dynamically, but the M5 can hold it's own against some surprising competition including some cars that are much lighter.

If your friend is single and doesn't need the extra space and can afford it, I'd go with the M6. If not then the M5. They are both essentially the same car and a little different at the same time, but paying MSRP for an M6 is out of the question. It's simply not worth all that extra money. If one can get the M6 a great discount, U.S. Invoice or lower, then it's a good deal and worth getting over the M5 if one doesn't need the space. Also little known fact, but a 435i has better back seat space than an M6. Think about that.

Appreciate 0