View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

Thinking About An M5(Long Read)

Hey M5 gang long time lurker first time poster, before I get in my dilemma, let me give a little introduction...
I'm a young guy now before you guys call troll. I was and still am a fairly privileged child I was able to get a loan from my dad when I was in high school and out of that I spawned my trucking company and two years later I'm a 100 trucks strong and debt free! All because of my dad's big heart and God's blessing. . My first car was '10 RX350 which bought by my mom intending to hand it down to me because I guess it was safe. You know I knew something was fishy because when she bought it she still kept her S63. For a whole year my best friend called me mom because it was bright red and since I went to private school that was basically the choice of every mom, lol. Later on I bought a LX, my favorite SUV of all time. My dad has had several all sold with over 250k miles, they are rock solid. Now that I that I have temporally moved out and moved to the valley, due to business commitments and I paid off the LX I was thinking maybe I might pick up a M5. As a family even extended family from both sides we have a long commitment with Lexus, Mercedes, and Porsche. I'd be the first ever to by a BMW, honestly M5 is the only one I like too. I've driven my fair share of fast cars, mom has always had the latest and greatest AMG S-Class, my dad always had a 911 Turbo (S), always got to drive them, done my fair share of stupid sh*t so I'm not really into driving insanely/unsafely fast on busy streets anymore. Also driven my brothers fcars. So thats my background.

So on to the point I test drove a E63, didn't let me test drive it until i could prove I can I'm a serious buyer, basically wanted to see bank statements. And honestly I loved it but it but I have a fetish for wide wheels and the the widest I can get in those wheel wells' are 10.5s. So later that week I went to East Bay BMW, had to go through the same formalities. Test drove a fully loaded I mean everything except rear entertainment. They didn't have a 6 speed, which I was looking forward, I test drove a one with a DCT and damn did it shift fast, it miles ahead of the Benz, an E-Gear Gallardo, and honestly felt very similar to PDK in my dad's old '11 Turbo S. If buy one it is going to be Moonstone Metallic and have full Sakhir leather. Now all I need is convincing that I should buy oone. And before someone calls troll, I'm not much of picture taker but here some pics of my RX and LX...
-Manjot Thind
Didn't know how to park in the garage in the new house in the valley, lol

Then I figured it out at a tilt...

Pics form when it was new..

Washed and waxed both...

Last edited by Cali01; 07-08-2014 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Grammer Mistake
Appreciate 0