View Single Post
      07-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #22
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
What else would you do with a living room on wheels?
Off road, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
When do you turn 18?
I am 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
S63 and Turbo S are much easier to drive. The trouble with the M5 is that it has too much power for a rear drive chassis, and also a very lax traction control system. Probably the most lax traction control system I have seen.

I think you need to decide whether you want to be a rear wheel driver or an AWD guy. If latter then consider RS7 or CLS63.

If you want to go RWD I would suggest starting with something more easy to drive and learn the RWD car characteristics, with more electronic safety net. An E92 M3 would be ideal. So would be an F30 335i or an F10 550i.
Defiantly a rear wheel drive, E9x M3 or 550i sounds good, you have me reconsidering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Follow Stealth's advice. You are too young with too little experience to even drive an E90 M3 with some maturity. Get something like a Subaru BRZ to start off with, join your local BMW CCA, start doing autocrosses and HPDE's, and then work your way up from there. It doesn't matter if you can afford an Aventador at age 18, despite there being 16 year olds with SCCA licenses, driving on the track with a fast car and driving on the street with a high horsepower/high torque car are two different things. I've seen and known too many daddy warbucks kids get themselves into trouble. I've even had to bail a few of these rich kids out of jail before. Take it from me kid, work your way up, when you turn 25 then get an F10 M5 or whatever.
Never been to jail not planning to either, at least because of driving. I've driven a BRZ before did not like it one bit, it's very very underpowered. What is a SCCA license btw? Is that something you have to get before you hit the track???
Appreciate 0