mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Sorry I disagree completely. If you have the drivers assistance pkg with the V1 in your car then yes you will have a sound frequently. However, I called Valentine and I'm almost certain I got a human on the phone immediately and they walked me through a quick reprogram and disabled the "pop" function and the problem was solved. More importantly the radar functions properly. I am very happy with Valentine and always recommend them to my friends.
Well you are agreeing with me and I'm actually agreeing with you. Here is why.

I also called Valentine. They recommended disabling POP which I could have done BUT in NJ they use it so doing that renders it useless when you get hit by POP in this state. I asked them if there was any other option or filtering that the V1 could do but there indeed was no option.

So if you are in an area that does not use POP at all then I agree, go ahead and disable "pop" and enjoy your V1. If not though (like me) the V1 is a paperweight and the Passport Max is the best option to properly receive all bands with selective filtering. My lane departure warning doesn't even set off the Max due to its ability to discern between the police POP band and the cars lane departure warning band
Appreciate 0