View Single Post
      05-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #51
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I'd think on it. Looking at the pics you posted I'm thinking even more that Piano Black would be a way to re-emphasize the classy side of the M5. That Full Sakhir is doing plenty to highlight the sporty character, so the Piano Black gives it balance IMHO. Both Sakhir and aluminum separately emphasize sportiness, but I don't think they combine well together, at least not when right next to each other as they are in Full Merino spec. But then I'm biased, because I didn't like Fox Red Extended + aluminum trim on M3s either. But obviously do what you'll enjoy most!

The aggravation with Extended is that you miss out on a much more luxurious interior, mostly the dashboard and rear of the front seats being full leather. That's a tough tradeoff to make just for aesthetics, and like I said above, I think black trim can be ok on a sporty car as long as you've got something else representing the sporty side, which Sakhir definitely does.
I completely agree. The piano black looks best here, and Sakhir does plenty to add to the sporty character of the interior.

I wouldn't consider any aluminum trim on any 5er or the M5 for one reason: all the trims have that silver on the bottom of them. So aluminum trim won't quite match that silver and will likely clash somewhat. It's much better to choose a color that compliments your interior and exterior color choices as well as the silver that runs along the bottom of the trim. Just my opinion, of course...

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0