View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #36
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3_6MT View Post
Same typical BMW BS with brakes!
Look at those rear brakes, I mean, come on BMW your still the only ones using sliding calliper brakes on your M's. AMG are using fixed piston callipers on all their AMG's. Also, this is for an M5 with the ceramic option, which I'm guessing won't come cheap!
The way the car is now, it look like they slapped good brakes up front and then wanted to go play some golf and forgot about the rears. it looks like a half-A** brake job.
I know the sliding callipers won't make a big difference, they stop just as well on the streets, and I know those ceramics will still tear your face off under hard braking, and I know very few M5 owners will track this car, but still, some 4 piston callipers would have been nice to see on the rears!!!
Let's face it, the brakes on these types of cars should be like jewellery on a beautiful women!!!
Just look at the brakes on an SLS or a GT2 or even a Cayenne, that's how it should be donne BMW!!!!
I second this emotion.

Sliding calipers on a performance car are quite silly. BMW has always lagged behind in it's brake technology for some reason. Maybe because they put so much R&D into the suspension and chassis.

Either way, It would be nice to see 4 pots in the rear. Get rid of those ugly sliders.
Appreciate 0