View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #56
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Yeah, I just don;t have the excitement that I once had for my F10. I am going to just do my self a little "peace of mind" test driving tomm and Thurs. and drive the C4S and the R8. Interesting that yo like the R8 best. Does the torque difference in an NA car not sort of disappoint you off the line or am I being closed-minded? Once again, I am just in love with that surge of power. I was hoping that the comp pkg in a coupe, with the dialed in steering, diiff and suspension might be the perfect middle ground between the sport and luxury and will allow me to toss it around the I would like to. There is a very nicely appointed C4S that I absolutely love at my local dealer. I never drove the C4S but I did drive the C2S. Not sure I like the cockpit of the R8. Doesn't seems as "high-end" if that makes any sense?
The TQ stock on the R8 is plenty for the weight of the car--- the car pulls and has a nice (non sexual) thrust LOL. The interior of the R8 is indeed dated electronically IMHO vs the M6 and 991. The nav is the older generation and it lacks some minor amenities. But thats not what the car is for me, its a driver and it is still quite luxurious but like I said its such a driver you forget about the little things its missing. It handles and sounds like a dream---- it has gtr style handling but doesnt need to be pushed to the end to get the most out of it. The sound is intoxicating especially with an exhaust mod. Do this and ecu mod it and you have what I like to call an entry level super car that can be driven 20k miles per year. My minor mods gained me 40 awhp (this is alot for an NA AWD car) and you can feel it.

You have read up my C4S reviews, just make sure you drive one with "sport plus" on and have the suspension on firm. Drive it hard - and dont freak when the rpms stay up top when you are cruising around town- thats what sport plus does. You can always up shift with the paddles if you are concerned LOL. The 991 cockpit is much nicer and more advanced than the R8 no doubt. But I love the R8 sound did I tell you this?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0