Thread: Perfect Friday
View Single Post
      06-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
More like $15k if the door frame is dented. My 535i was Tboned by some bitch texting her way through a 4 way stop. She was driving a G37, her husbands. She admitted texting and said she was sorry she wasn't paying attention. When her husband arrived she told the cops I had run the stop sign. Didn't work, it was obvious she ran into me but it had to go before an independent insurance review board.

Anyway, the side airbags deployed and the door frame was cut and replaced. The total cost was $11, 800 and her insurance paid for all of it. I never got a diminished value claim and it cost me about $9k on trade in which was a 25% hit on the value of the car. I didn't know about the diminished value claim. If the airbag didn't deploy, there may be no record of it in Carfax and therefore no diminished value. Not completely sure about that but I think that is the case.

As far as you speeding down the left lane, doesn't matter how fast you were going, you had the ROW and the idiot that hit you didn't. He will get the ticket and his insurance will pay. However, it really sucks because you will be without your car for the next month, minimum.
Appreciate 0