View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
M5lover
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F50 BMW M5 alpine white

winter tires

Just received my winter wheels for the F50 M5. I normally just swap the tires on to the rims but in this case (no surprise) there are not any compatible tires that suit the 20 inch rims. As such i ordered my 19 inch wheel and tire combo through thompson BMW in Doylestown PA (just under 4 grand). Was orginally told that they wouldnt be in until christmas and low and behold they arrived 3 days later. Got the sottozeros 265/35/19 on each corner on the BMW 503 (i will check that) rims and it looks far better than expected. Having run the same tires on my 12 911 Carrera S last year i was looking forward to finally being able to drive without fear. The one thing i have learnt about this car though is that i think you could put a tube of super glue under the tires and they would still cause the traction control to come on, torque like crazy - gotta love a crazy car ! and for what its worth in the last 4 years I have gone through a 2010 M3, Panamera S and 2012 Carrera S and this is not only the craziest of the cars (did love that M3 though) but also by far the best.
Appreciate 0