05-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteM5 View Post
RPi- similar plan for myself. Munich to Vienna for night 1, Monaco night 2, Nice night 3, Luxembourg Night 4, Ring, then back to Munich for the opening weekend of Oktoberfest. I delayed my ED for 9/17, heard the Oktoberfest is a lifetime experience...
Boy that is a lot of driving. 5 hours of driving after pick up (Munich-Vienna)? Following day, 10+ hours to Monaco? What is the use of driving to Vienna? When you get there you will be going to sleep, getting up and driving half way across Europe. Why switch hotels night 3? Monaco and Nice are <30 mins apart. Then it is off to Luxembourg for that leisurely 11 hour drive!

I think you need to think this through a little better. Dump Monaco and Nice. Stay two nights in Vienna, one night Salzburg. You could spend 2 weeks in Vienna and not soak it all in.

Map this out like you were in the USA and see if you would do it...Arrive Cleveland get car. Drive to Louisville, KY-Night 1. Drive to New Orleans-Night 2. Drive to Baton Rouge-Night 3. Drive to Greenville, SC (BMW Performance Center)-Night 4. Drive to Columbus, OH for State Fair.
Appreciate 0