NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I agree with you the E9x interior design can look pretty plain without the i-drive NAV. But that is because most BMW interiors are designed with i-drive in mind without them they look lost. That is why in higher series cars like 5, 6 and 7 even if you do not get the NAV system you still get the i-drive screen for aesthetic purposes.

None the less you are right the fit and finish is still nice for BMW and Caddy is close but not there yet.

Oh and another thing is that sitting in both my best friends M3's it seems like BMW did a half ass job on the center tunnel for M3's right around the gear box to where the center armrest or storage bin is located. Because in my E92 335i the wood interior runs all the way up to the armrest from the gear box. The entire center tunnel has matching wood. But in the M3 there is no wood or carbon fiber instead a plain jane naked black plastic. Why BMW.....it makes no sense.

Just take a look at these two pics.....why would BMW do half a** job on M car? vs non M car.

One thing that I did like about the CTS-V interior was the suede steering wheel cover it felt real nice and soft on the race track.

Jesus what do you guys drive Bentleys???

The interior is Awesome.. The seats don't peal, the buttons work right, you can see the digital screen, and best of all no foam dash.. Its a win win everywhere..
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0