DanW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSTL View Post
Hey all,

I am getting the warning "Battery Discharge while Stopped: All electrical devices temporarily switched off". I have read all of the other threads on this and I don't have anything plugged, lock the car and I have a battery tender.

This usually happens after it sits overnight. After I start it in the morning, shut it off and then restart it the message clears and everything is fine until the next morning. Even for 8-9 hours while I am at work.

I come home, put the battery tender on and the message appears in the morning. I don't drive a lot (Sept. 12 delivery with 2800 miles on the clock) but the battery tender should fix this right? Dealer can't get me in for 10 days.
This has happened to my car as well. It happened when I had 300 miles on my car. First I got "ignition malfunction". A few days later i got the "battery discharge" error. I took it to the dealer and they asked "do you leave your keys in your car, or anywhere relatively close to where the car could communicate with the key"? After a chuckle and a response of no, they also advised me to hit the start/stop button twice. I was already doing that but the dealer tried to charge the battery and sent me on my way. The next morning my car didnt even start at all. The only remedy was to replace the battery completely. I would insist that they do the same for you before you end up stranded somewhere.
Appreciate 0