View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 12:43 AM   #7
hank1170
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Angry 2013 M5

I currently own a 2013 M5 with 38,000 kms. The check engine light came on and started stalling at red lights. I took it to BMW service numerous times and they said that the intake was contaminated with oil and thats why the check engine light kept coming on. No explaination of why it was stalling. I took it back a few times and they said that my the compression on one bank was lower than the other. They still couldnt figure it out. They ended up replacing the engine which I thought would definately solve the problem.

It has been 2,800kms since engine replacement. When I have the car in N and rev the engine up to 3,500-4,000 rpms, and let go of the gas pedal, the RPMs go down to 500rpms and then back to idle rpm of 700-800.

THis was happening with the old engine. I am afraid that the problem was not the engine itself. COuld it be one of the turbo is bad? My warranty has now expired, but would like this fixed. BMW service is telling me since there nothing is coming up on the computer so it's normal??? I have 2 friends with the same M5 and neither M5's do this. ANy help would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0