04-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #59
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So fuel effeciency is 25% better, wonder if that means the car weighs the same or less? or if that just means the twin turbo V8 and stop/start are saving the MPG. old M5 = 12/18, new M5 = 15/22? Not earth shattering, but if it can hit 0-60 in 4.0 thats pretty good for a big heavy car. CTS-V fanboys will say it fails compared to the CTS though (although real world MPG numbers on the CTS-V are nothing like their EPA ratings show, LOL)

Can't wait to see interior pics. My next car decision will be a tough one, I would love to get a sedan that hits 0-60 in 4.0, and gets over 20 mpg combined, not sure if the M5 can acheive both, Looks like the E63 might when it gets its new turbo engine. Or I might just keep in the 3 series/C Class size if either one has the sedan still for the next generation (BMW so far looks like a no).
I've been successful in beating MPG estimates with a manual transmission. I feel like autos are harder to use to try to squeeze out extra mpgs. My last car had a turbo, and with the turbo, I was able to squeeze out alot of extra mpgs on the highway by not spooling it up. Hence why the new M5 has turbos, it'll save a lot of gas. My guess is, you can probably get somewhere close to 25-27 mpg
Appreciate 0