View Single Post
      02-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #29
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
I thought about doing the same, but we don't own a house in FL so can't imagine how I could get it done out of state. Any ideas?
Why not just get/keep Kansas plates, since they don't require fronts? When the time comes to renew give them your Ft. Bliss address, and see if they balk, or let you keep it registered.
Some states, such as South Dakota, allow you to keep plates from them as long as you want to keep giving them registration revenue. Virginia, on the other hand, will go after you for state income taxes and car usage taxes if you keep their plates on your car after you have moved.

If you are willing to take risk, you can always register in another state (such as your home of residence state, and then leave the plate off). As far as I know, texas doesn't keep track of which states require front plates and which states don't, so they don't ticket or pull over out of state registered vehicles for this.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...se-plates.html