09-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06M3 View Post
The Driver Assistance Package ($1900) has the 'speed limit info' feature that reads speed limit signs with a camera. The speed limit is then displayed in the dash as well as the head up display (if equipped).
We were amazed by how accurate this was as well. Driving through a lot of construction zone on the autobahn, the heads up display corrected for the correct (or in many fun cases no ) speed limit within 2 seconds usually.

Haven't seen this work in the US yet, but it displayed the nice little symbols from the EU signs with the red circle or white circle with squiggly lines. Wondering how this will display in the US.

In terms of the vibration on the steering wheel, the only one I noticed was with the lane departure warning from the Driver Assistance Package. At first I didn't realize what this was and immediately turned it off once I figured it out. I later turned it back on once I got used to it. I personally do not use turning signals when changing lanes (if no one is around), but since Europeans are great at actually using and following driver etiquette, the vibration was a good reminder to actually use the signals because it does not vibrate when you use your signal to change lanes.
Appreciate 0