04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #75
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmerino View Post
I think some just do not get the point. In the U.S. it is hardly possible to go greater than 55MPH without the cops behind you. Unless you go to the tracks where a DCT would be desirable for fast shifting, most people driving a manual in the U.S. enjoy the involvement with the car's acceleration -- this is not some "macho" thing that some seem to insinuate is the reason -- albeit somewhat infantile as what Mr JBlack4083 refer to as "manhood complex". I have experienced driving friends' M3's with DCT on long/short drives and just did not enjoy the experience -- found it really boring. To each his own and to say that anybody has a manhood complex just because of this is rather telling of the person insinuating such. Again, it is "involvement in driving" experience that most manual enthusiasts are craving and not because they have a manhood complex.
I said there are people out there who are truly interested in the driving involvement and aren't necessarily looking for the newest tech or fastest speed. I am not speaking on those people. That is what you have failed to understand which is "rather telling" of you as well.

I said, even those that are concerned with the driving involvement that a MT provides, cannot deny that a lot of times when these debates come up theres always a few individuals who seem to write things insinuating that "Real Men" drive MT or that people who drive two pedal cars aren't real drivers or aren't as intelligent. There is a comment or two like that on the first two pages of this very thread. It's comments like that which make it seem like, TO SOME PEOPLE (keyword SOME), it's a manhood complex and not the desire for true driving involvement.

I originally said everything as courteous as can be and even stated that I wasn't speaking on ALL M/T enthusiasts as there are some who do not fall into this category. At the same time there are some that do, which is why i made the comments. For you to pass my comments off as "infantile" and say that they are "rather telling" of me is unnecessary as its obvious you did not read everything I wrote.
Appreciate 0