05-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey, this is a good thread.

This is what I am thinking for my Euro Delivery trip.

I want to fly in on the 31st take a nice long nap, get up the morning of the 1st with a giant grin on my face and head to the Welt to pick up the M5. I think that we'll spend the first day in Munich and relax from our long flight from California. The next day we'll head south for Portofino, Italy for the night. Prolly spend the morning in Portofino driving around and then head to Monaco for our 2nd night. After Monaco, then making the long drive through France to Luxembourg City for the night. After that, heading to a BMW dealership near Koblenz to get the Break In Service complete before heading to Nurburg for the night. We'll either hit up the Nurburgring on the 5th or on the morning of the 6th. After Nurburg we'll then head back down to Munich to drop the M5 back off at the Welt and spend our last night in Munich before we fly out on the 7th. This is my first plan.

I have another one where we drive East to Vienna, then to Krakow Poland, then back to Germany through Berlin, and then to Nurburg before heading back down to Munich.

In either case, I'll have put enough miles on the M5 to break her in and get the break in service completed before I hit "The Ring," and then also have 336 miles of Autobahn back to Munich with a fully broken in F10 M5!

I think we might end up hitting the French Riviera instead of Eastern Europe, but we'll see.
Dave just FYI the drop off location in Munich is near the airport, you don't drop off t welt.

Last edited by dingding; 05-17-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0