View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Yeah the turbos muffle the noise a lot, not to mention the downpipes in these cars have massive cats. E39s and E60s sound so good with minor mods
You hit the nail on the head my brother. This is the point of the muffler delete. The turbos and the Primary Cats in the downpipes are muffling so much of the sound, it's really bad. I myself was disappointed in decibal level of the RPi GT exhaust even with the secondary cats removed and no resonators. Lots of people love the decibal level of the GT though, but not me. I was hoping for at least a level on par with that of the Eisenmann Race, but no joy. I don't know what Eisenmann did, but man their exhaust sounds so good and just with the axle back too! The muffler delete should sound much better, after all the Hartge System has a full system which includes an optional muffler delete and it doesn't sound obnoxious at all. The Full Catback RPi GT with no mufflers should roar like a V8 should. When RPi designs their Full Catless GT Downpipes one day, I think I will be satisfied.

Appreciate 0