View Single Post
      03-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #120
Im4citadel
Der Stalag EUA
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carbon Black 550I Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3rdM3 View Post
I agree with above posts of GT3 or 997 Turbo being a better alternative, I had a new 2002 996 turbo for 5 years and the thing was bullet proof. I think long term a 6speed manual 360 will hold its value better and age better than R8, R8 is beautiful today, but when the next gen is released it will lose its cache, the 360 is tried and proven
I have tested the 997 Turbo and it is undoubtedly a great car. I am not purely looking for the performance end though. I am looking to have a weekend, mid-engine supercar.

So if you are asking me if looks and the "wow" factor are more important than pure performance...yes it is.

Here in the Tysons VA area a 911 Porsche is almost as common as Camrys (a joke, but seriously the Porsche dealership is down the road from my office and I see a new one rolling off the lot on a daily basis).

They are driven exclusively by 50 year old execs with cellphone holders (whoever lives in the DMV area...just try and deny this).

I want something unique that will be a show stopper.

I love having the M3 and discussing the car with other true enthusiasts and gear-heads, but if its truly going to be my "weekend" toy....I'm sorry, but I want attention looks.

My goal is to keep it close to $85000 as possible.

Again, I am headed down this weekend to FL and am testing the V8 R8 in question (I am very much leaning towards this one).

I would like to test the 360, but have no real time to head up to Cleveland to take a look at the red one.

I did however see one at the Sterling dealership here in DMV, but the sales manager there is like the Gestapo about test drives.