NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Have you ever heard a saying that you can't judge a book by its cover. The caddy interior is much improved specially in CTS-V form and I will be the first one to tell you that from my experience with them. But trust me those that have sat in CTS-V for long time or owned or drove it on track or daily will also tell you without any bias. That there is still a difference in build quality between 5 series/3 series and CTS-V .

For example the buttons do feel a bit flimsy and the seats are not all that great for Recaros. Now not saying they are horrible but they are not as great as they could be when you compare them against other Recaro seats. The black looking extra shiny trim pieces all around center stack looks fine in a picture. But in person it looks a little plasticky and not look very high quality.

Also, you must have misunderstood me I am not claiming that BMW's are Bentley's or anything and Caddy CTS-V is trash. Me and the OP both agree that there is fit and finish and quality of materials difference when you compare them side by side in favor of BMW.

Either way no one is buying the CTS-V for their higher interior quality. But rather for a impressive performance potential at a bargain price. If they were that concerned about interior quality they would have gone with Audi or Lexus instead of CTS-V.

Regardless I really like CTS-V specially the coupe.
Ok, sorry I just felt like people were really ragging on this car and it is very nice. I had a base model Toyota as a loaner from BMW and that was horrible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerHawk View Post
Agree 100% NewYearsBoy. I love that picture of the CTS-V interior and was going to post it myself. I also really like the aggressive, unique exterior design of the CTS-V coupe. However, I heard the rear visibility in it was pretty rough. Still, I'd I could get this car for 12,500 off MSRP, I very well might pull the trigger on something like that. Is 12k off really attainable? And if so, is half that due to the 2013 models being released soon so you're buying the previous model year basically? If so, it's just adding in the last years depreciation. Built into the discount.
So have I... But its so fast you will just be passing people instead of being passed so not a biggie.. JK..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0