View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #68
m5sdse63
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP

Good discussion of the subject.

First of all, cheers to all the M owners out here. We are lucky to enjoy them. I am an M fan for sure as I have two of them.

When choosing between the M5 and X5M in 2013 I opted for the X5M since it was going to be my wife's car/family car, which seemed more roomy, more practical and AWD (safer for all-weather driving). At the time the M3 was not being considered for us.

Now, having gotten the M4, i don't miss not having the M5 as the X5M duplicates a few things and M5 for me would be somewhat repeating of what we already get out the SAV.

I think M4 and M5 are different cars, for sure. Both are superb. M5 is clearly more luxurious and faster. M4 is more tossable and more fun to drive, IMHO. Can't say that I agree with the aspiration as the M4 owner towards owning of the M5. I do agree that the aspiration towards the 911TTS is more correct, at least for me, as that is what I am thinking towards my next car.

Also, i can't agree with the statement that price point is what pushes someone to get the less expensive M4/M3 for most M4/3 owners. I am not sure if M3 and M5 are being cross-shopped...

The other day I drove the M6GC basically fully loaded and price wise it was pushing into the 911 Turbo territory. I liked it absolutely, but for that amount Turbo would be for me.

Anyway, this is a great discussion and debate and everyone is correct in their own way. We are all winners when it comes to the choice of car that we made, as that particular car hit all the right notes with the owner.

2014 M6
2015 i3
Appreciate 0