01-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #93
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
What's the downside? Is it the vibration?
There are different base wheels depending on what features your car is equipped with. For US cars with DA and Executive, you need the wheel with the heating element and mounting for the vibration generator.

When he says vibration, he's referring to the vibration generator for blind spot and lane departure warning.

BMW's fitted with heating, vibration, or both have a control module inside the steering wheel. It's a standard part across many different chassis codes, from the F01 to the F30. On the F12/F13 M6 and the F30 M Sport (which share similar steering wheel designs) this part is a different shape with different connectors.

BMW has not released this part for ordering in the US or globally. Yet. I'm in final stages to get this released for ordering. I finally have one (which took an act of god) for a 100% complete retrofit. Without it, you will throw faults.

And as a caveat emptor, in general... don't rely on parts people just post. I realize this troll just posted about 85% of what you need to prove some stupid point that his mate beat me to this (which he didn't) but part 32307845795, the airbag, is the ECE version. You need 796 in the US. The igniters and airbag stages are different, and you probably wouldn't be protected at all in the event of an accident.