Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
I totally agree. Reading from all these posts, it seems that there are people who just don't get the satisfaction of being alive and missing out on a lot of things. Travelling in Europe in ones car is such a joy. If one always think about the bad things that could happen, then why even bother on getting an M5 or for that matter any car? Why not just stay home, rot away and just wait until ones death!
For me there is the uncertainty of a strange place like Europe. My ED will be my first trip to Europe and knowing myself, I know I won't fully enjoy the vacation when I'm worried about where to park, local driving laws and habits, etc. I can understand when one says they can have better peace of mind if driving around in a rental in a place they just aren't familiar with and I don't think that means you don't want to be "alive". I think someone mentioned "well why get an M5 then" and for me, it's just the way that I am. I get heavily invested in my material items, doesn't matter if i spend $30k or $100k on a car, I'll worry about it just the same.

I for one am doing ED because I do want to visit BMW, and see where my car is born, and I am due for a Europe trip as I have promised my wife one after just going to Hawaii every time we just want to get away. And $6500 in savings is a nice bonus too - I can take that and spend it on the wheels I want since we will be traveling there using miles.

As for the OP - don't sacrifice now, doesn't sound like you want Silverstone leather, get the Platinum. At this price point don't leave anything to regret later on.