12-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #19
falsalem
Private First Class
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Thanks guys, been busy to give it a second shot but with your guys confirmation I'll give it a try. If not just pay the shop to have them on - these OEM comp ones look like crap. Too weak for how the car sound with the catless DP & connector + Exhaust Meister.

When I first got my Exhaust Meister I was so disappointed as I was only able to listen to it with all the glass closed (due to tint). Didn't use it for a couple weeks then and one day I decided to give it another shot. Damn what a nice difference! Gives the car that low sounding rumble it needed with the DPs.

We all know how crazy the noise insulation is in this car but this really made me say wow. Should have remembered even with my DPs how different the car is inside and outside. My buddy has just DP with straight pipes, nothing interfering at all. The car sounds absolutely insane on the outside and the turbo sound is so sick. From the inside the sound is totally livable with no drone and you still get that sweet turbo sound.

Been debating finishing up my exhaust this way...already halfway there with the custom downpipes & connector from undercover.

Anyway, back on topic I'll post some pics of the black tips once complete. All the OEM chrome is totally gone from the door handles, etc and got a nice CF roof wrap (was a cf wrap hater before). The white and black look is coming along nicely!
How are the black tips coming along ? Any pics ? I have a white beast with Gintani Downpipes on the way and am considering the black tips...
Appreciate 0