View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

My First Weekend with Mika

M5 Peeps,

Hey guys, today was my first weekend that I got to enjoy with Mika, my new F10 M5. I got her back from Euro Delivery last Wednesday and it has been a crazy last few days. On Saturday we went to the car event here in San Diego. Bimmerpost Member Rob///M5 showed up and we got to do a quick photoshoot. It was a pretty great day. I also got to race my friend who owns a modded Superleggera Gallardo and I'll just say that he was not pulling away. He he!

This morning, I started up the M5 and headed for the desert mountains which is pretty much my backyard. The weather was great and the roads were nice and clear. The M5 performed like a BEAST!! I had forgotten how seriously fast this car really is. It may not have the sound of a V10 but holy moly the torque brings just as much satisfaction if not more.

After I got back from the mountains, I detailed my Mika all afternoon. I applied the Opti-Coat 2.0 today too. It is very easy to apply and I even applied it to my wheels. I will say that in general I love the 20" wheels because they are so freakin easy to clean. I was able to easily get inside the wheel well and clean all of the break dust, dirt, and grime inside of there. I will report back on how the Opti-Coat 2.0 is after it fully cures. The water should bead off of it and I should never have to wax it. For today's desert mountain run I covered portions of my front bumper with the TracWrap that I bought and it worked great. I decided to cover the bottom leading edge of the front bumper to protect it against scratches and such until I can get my clear-bra on.

I'm due to start putting my mods on within the next couple of weeks. So these pictures you see are probably going to be the last as Mika looking stock. Here are the mods that I am putting on soon.

-Matte Black Front Grills
-Matte Black Side Grills
-Matte Black Wrap on Door Chrome
-Front Reflector Delete
-ClearBra
-Window Tint
-Tint Side Turn Signal Lights
-Full RPi GT Exhaust (no resonators)
-Hartge or Eibach Springs (in 2013)

The second to last picture is my old RPi Stage 2 E60 M5, Dora compared to my new F10 M5 Mika.

I also made a quick video with my GoPro of the canyon run today. What a great first weekend!

Attached Images

Last edited by RPiM5; 11-18-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0