View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Let me guess, you have the 343s, right?

I'd say you did a good job summarizing the opinions and info stated in other threads. Some of these bullets are correct, but others are unsubstantiated, or just sour grapes from those who didn't have opportunity to get the 601Ms.

To me, wheels are about 45% function (do they create a good contact patch for the car/HP I have, is wear and tear minimal), 45% looks (do they make the car standout, are they aesthetically appealing to me, are they easy to maintain), and about 10% performance (I'm not trying to win a bunch of races, or beat everyone on the track, so unsprung mass is not my primary concern in my 575HP car, and if it was I would have a track/drag setup anyways)

Looking forward to all those "my 601Ms are out of round" threads that should be happening any day now.

I say just pick the wheels you like the look of best, these performance/maintenance issues are way overblown compared to what really matters -- after seeing them on many cars now, I think both wheels look amazing, and if you don't like either there are some great aftermarket setups as well.