02-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Do you guys intend to start taking things apart and swapping seemingly weak parts with more robust ones, or testing to failure?

I'm curious about what the entire drivetrain can handle, this DCT gearbox, and of course what the stock motor can manage.

I would assume that with full catless exhaust, tune, intakes and revised intercoolers, this car should scratch the 650whp/tq mark? Twin CM10 Meth nozzles and some e85 fuel, this thing should really sing!!

I read also that the stock turbos are pretty large so shouldn't choke the power up to a certain point. Then some twin gt35R's might be fun!! Or something to that effect
While testing for failure is a good way to get real-world results, it sure is expensive! As we are hoping not to replace any S63tu engines our goal will be to work with AMS to perform a great deal of computer analysis, and ideally identify and replace the parts that need some help to operate at our target power levels without any actual failures.

I believe that with some smart engineering it's possible to determine which parts need replacing to make our goal and design excellent replacement components for ourselves and the rest of the M5 community.

With regard to the size of the factory turbos... we wanted to find out their size and potential overhead for ourselves so we got a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Read the title and nearly fainted. It's not even April 1st yet, you guys are mad
Wait until the updates we have by April 1st!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
One of my favorite IND cars to date. Keep up the good work.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Now THIS is a thread worth watching. IND seriously rocks!
Thanks! We'll keep M5Post updated as things progress.

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 02-14-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0