View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

New ride is here… (SS, SS, 6MT)

Closed one eye and opened another, there it was, a beast with looks and a fantastic interior! I never actually thought I would ever own another BMW again. After such amazing experiences with the Targa and Cayenne I thought Porsche had me for life. It was the ///M experience in Spain that really did it for me and set the stage for another crack at the M5 - my last one was an 08. I always felt that the e60 was never meant for daily downtown driving and really needed to be revved to the moon to enjoy. The F10 really changed my perception on what BMW was trying to do - focussing on the entire package delivery versus a better engine, better steering etc.

My order was against ever grain in the book. I went with hardest interior to care for (SS full) and the probably the hardest transmission to ever sell again (MT). While my 911 was flawless I was looking for some change and also wanted a car I could pickup clients in and take family/friends without sacrificing comfort or space. Other key items: a car that would be a little under the radar when pulling up to customer offices or attending corporate client events;also plenty of tech to keep me busy for months and enough power and sport to give me a rush when needed. I also wanted a car that let me still feel in control of the engine engagement (6MT). I wanted a car that sounded incredible when pushed and purred along. The new M5 accomplishes all this with ease and puts a smile on my face and the passengers alike!

Unlike Porsche who has consistently evolved the 911, this M5 is a completely new car in every sense possible - even breaking the long standing tradition of NA ///M engines. BMW (///M) have taken huge risks to build this car because it is such a departure from what many of us see an ///M to be. My M5 has no competition in my eyes. It sits alone in a category all by itself because nobody on the planet makes a car like mine. Its a high performing manual transmission ride, that seats 4 and has fantastic luxury and tech. So while many of you might try and compare this car to Panamera, CLS, E, Jag, etc.. there really was no other option for me (in North America).

More pics to come... I have only put 80kms on the car so far and hope to do a more in-depth review at about 2000km. A few pictures for you to enjoy. I am putting together my list of mods but I am thinking that the 1st one might be an exhaust!!
Attached Images