09-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Did he just say it sounds like a tuned Impreza?
That's about as much praise as you can give a turbocharged engine, those things sound incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post

You ever notice that they ALWAYS give the M cars the benefit of the doubt no matter what? Even if the car is marginally better then the competition, they rave about it as if it were the greatest car in the world. I bet you anything, when the M5 vs CLS 63 or E 63 vs CTS-V vs Jag XFR that they will ALL have the M5 #1. Even if the numbers tell a different story. They'll say the same old things: CLS63/E63: pros: Gods own torque, great seats, locomotive fast.....Cons: Too heavy, too stiff.....
M5: Pros: Wolf in sheeps clothing, precision handling for size, unbelievable kick in the pants, fantastic chassis......Cons: Wolf in sheeps clothing, brakes not up to tracking, thats it.

They'll place the M5 in 1st(mostly because its a new car)the CLS63/E63 in 2nd, CTS-V in 3rd and the Jag last.
I like the new M5 and will be test driving it when it comes to the states, but I dont overdose on KoolAid like some others and will also be driving the CLS 63 AMG
Yeah, you do that and then we both know you'll end up in the M5 if you value cornering or steering in any way. I've driven the entire lot of AMGs, Jaguar's R cars (many different generations of both) and a few S and RS Audis and no matter which M car they were competing with, be it E46 M3, E9x M3, E60 M5 etc. the M car was always better to drive by a large margin.

Numbers are irrelevant, my tuned 135i puts down way better numbers in almost every test conceivable than my brother's E90 M3 but guess which car we both fight over driving?
Appreciate 0