Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _BSMM5 View Post
I was driving behind a corvette that blew a transmission line... started spewing fluid and smoke everywhere.

I was going about 70, I attempted to speed up and switch lanes to get passed him. Rear end kicked ALL the way out, I spun about 140 degrees from the middle lane into the center guard rail, flipped the vehicle 3 times into oncoming lanes.

Luckily no on coming traffic was present. All side airbags deployed and the cabin did not crumple at all. The roll was pretty violent and included spinning as well due to the nature of hitting the guard rail. I landed on my roof, looked around and didn't have a scratch or bruise. I climbed out unscathed. Saying some prayers today that I got to go home to my family.

Traction control was OFF... I have driven with it off plenty of times in dry conditions, but the combination of tranny fluid was too much. It didn't even cross my mind that the fluid would cause that when it happened. Thank god I was only going 70, as I have been known to drive much faster than that. Street conditions Vary and it's safe to say I will be getting a dedicated track vehicle with a cage and harness when I get the itch again.

I think 700 HP was just too much for me to handle as a daily driver... so much time behind the wheel with my habits was an accident waiting to happen.

Just giving this write up to anyone else who likes to drive hard, there's nothing wrong with it, just know that conditions can vary and you would never know.
Shit the bed, I'm sorry to see this post. Just as you got the car how you wanted it. At least you're ok though. Did you have the mods declared to the insurer?
No I didn't, but the most expensive mod I had was truthfully the BM3 which I can sell the license to.

Don't think I'll re use it. I think my next car will be an AWD combined with a safer less powerful DD for commuting.
Appreciate 0