07-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #87
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
What's up with people like you coming on forums claiming victory when your entire posts are absent of any real content. Big deal, you post someone else's data. And? Wow you make an adolescent comparison between guns and a lumber tool. You call that good work?

You will not win one argument pertaining to guns if all you have is to segue into other discussions comparing objects that can also be used to kill people if the person doing the killing really has a violent nature. This position is one of the dumbest and hollowest pro-gun arguments that always come up. If you look at the design and functionality of a firearm, like the one's we see daily used to kill other humans, you wouldn't be desperately trying to move the focus to firearms that are not of topic like the ones you mentioned. No one is trying to ban bb-guns, or freakin' muskets, for crying out-loud. Stay focused. Besides, hunting and wars are not of topic which you are having great difficultly staying on. We are talking about a legally license individual arming himself and flipping out on a mass of people. That's the topic. Not ancient wars. Not duck hunting. Not hammers or nail-guns. Get with it or go somewhere else to play.

Your first sentences has zero angles to reply to. Guns are used in acts of violence. That's the tool of choice in violent crimes in just about every case in which a gun is employed. It is universally understood that the functionality of a gun is to maim or kill. Even if you're shooting at a damn target or watermelon, who is the shooter fantasizing about hitting??? Where I'm from, hunting is only a few weeks long. The rest of the year guns are used to settle disputes, rob and intimidate citizens. Get out of your utopia. I cannot begin to address your hypotheticals. They don't exist. Your reasoning is just below what most adults would entertain in a discussion like this. None of the above addresses the topic of guns and violence. You're just downplaying gun violence by saying another tool will replace it in a violent society. That is not a solution by any stretch of the imagination. That is an opinion from a jaded gun lover who wants to convince us all that there is no problem.
Guns were NOT created for violence, and I BEG you to provide any evidence towards that statement. They were created for hunting, and wars between military. Did you really just say I posted other peoples' stuff so it's not viable evidence. We're supposed to take YOUR opinion over concrete data derived from countries with gun laws prohibiting citizens from owning them? That's logical. Years of dead bodies have shown up in hospitals with gunshot wounds, in countries that deem guns illegal, is no longer quality evidence that gun control will do absolutely nothing. Data has become false, and 48laws is the only person with the correct evidence for this discussion.

Let's hear from you what would happen if gun control was enacted. I'm interested in what evidence you have that states success.