View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Real Deal with SoCal Dealers and ordering the F10 M5 with Euro Delivery!!!

Ok, so I got frustrated with the whole situation about whether or not European Delivery will come out of U.S. Dealer allocation. The other clarification thread on this board states that it WILL NOT for the F10 M5, however I called almost every single dealer in the Southern California Area to find out the truth. Here's what my research has yielded.

1- BMW Encinitas: Didn't know. In fact the salesman I spoke to on the phone said that they build the F10 M5 in the United States so that Euro Delivery was not possible!!! I basically hung up the phone with him right after he said that.

2- BMW South County: Didn't know.

3- BMW Vista: Didn't know.

4- BMW Alexander: Didn't know.

5- Pacific BMW: Didn't know.

6- BMW of Murrieta: Said yes it does come out of dealer allocation, but at the same time wasn't completely sure.

7- Irvine BMW: Said yes it does come out of dealer allocation, but he didn't understand how the European Delivery Program works. So I doubt he knew.

8- Crevier BMW: Didn't know.

9- Sterling BMW: Didn't know. Said they would call me back.

10- Shelly BMW: Didn't know.

11- Long Beach BMW: Said YES it does come out of dealer allocation, but then he tried telling me that the Euro Delivery M5's won't start until 2-3 months after they hit the U.S. So I doubt that he knew.

12- McKenna BMW: YES it does, but he was unconfident about his answer.

13- South Bay BMW: Didn't know. Said they would call me back.

14 -BMW San Diego: Closed. Nobody home.

15- Beverly Hills BMW: Didn't know.

16- BMW of Riverside: Said YES it does.

16- New Century BMW: Says that it will NOT come out of dealer allocation, but then he proceeded to tell me that he only says that because he has not seen anything that says that it would come out of their dealer allocation. He also said that they would accept Euro Delivery orders at ED MSRP not ED Invoice.

17- BMW of Escondido: This is the only dealership that REALLY knew what the F I was talking about when I asked them. At first they told me that they didn't know. Then they called me back about 5 mins later and said that it absolutely definitely WILL NOT come out dealer allocation! The salesman I spoke with is an ///M certified salesman and I could immediately tell that that he was competently knowing what he was talking about. I then asked him ED MSRP or ED Invoice. He said ED MSRP, and he kept it real with me, which is a good thing. He said that I could try but that I would be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to do ED Invoice. I haven't decided if I am going to order through them or not yet though.

What I learned from all of the phone calls that I made was that 9 out of 17 dealers that I called DEFINITELY had NO CLUE as to what I was asking about!!! This is insanely frustrating! Additionally, I got the impression that 7 dealers kind of knew what I was asking about but not really. And only 1 DEFINITELY knew what the heck I was asking about. Overall most of the salesmen I spoke with were very incompetent about the F10 M5 being introduced to the US Market this year. I had to explain to many of them what Euro Delivery was, and how that BMW even released bulletins containing information about Euro Delivery for the F10 M5.

Well there you have it. What a frustrating experience. The ordering guide has been out for almost 2 weeks now and the order bank has been open for a few days now at least. I would think these salesmen would know more about it. Many of them were certified ///M Salesmen too! I haven't decided if I want to try to go out of state to order the car yet, but I may do a little more due diligence before ordering.

I hope this helps people who are at least thinking of ordering ED in SoCal. Thanks for your time reading this.

Last edited by RPiM5; 05-08-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0