///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
They are protecting them, but it's a model specific only to BMW UK. I'm not sure why they're being so restrictive outside of that market.

I do have the part numbers and think I've managed to convince a garage in London to sell them to me. (Bribing parts managers is always fun.)

I'm heading to London on business in 2 weeks to hopefully get the bits I want along with a few other EU-specific parts, like tails, bumper, first aid kit, etc.

I just purchased equivalents of most of this stuff from iND, but you can't beat original OEM.

Neil - I'll ping you when I'm in London. I'll see if I can get you hooked up, too.
The same holds true for the M3 GTS, you cannot buy parts from it if you don't have a VIN that matches.

Even cars like the 1-series Active-E have such 'protection'. Many folks have tried to buy the hood from the Active-E (it has a bulge/power dome), but not possible unless you own/have a repair order for an Active-E.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0