12-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #75
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
How are these pedals? They look nice, but they also look like they might be slippery given the lack of rubber.

I'm wondering if I am better off with the ones from Bmwpedals.com or from AC Schnitzer.
They're not slippery in the least. Very grippy, surprisingly. I had similar thoughts when I initially purchased them. I had the M out on the track over the weekend and felt very confident in my ability to maintain control of the vehicle with these.

This new pattern seems to be the design language BMW is adopting for M vehicles. The F30 M Sport has a similar footrest, though it has an embossed M logo, which I wish mine did.

Installation was quite easy, with some drilling required. The footrest is simply adhesive and attached over the OEM M Sport one. Just ensure you purchase the set for manual transmission vehicles.