09-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel88 View Post
Hey Guys,

Little background, my lease ends in a few months on my E92. I have no kids, and I have my wife's 535 GT. I am not a huge multiple cars kind of guy. One of the reasons that I love my E92 is that is very versatile and feels like a smaller car, carry golf clubs in trunk but still a lot of car for public roads.

I always wanted a 911, and from the reviews the 991 seems to be more inline with a luxury sport with tech as opposed to just a sports car.

However, a M5 seems to be a much better value, dollar for dollar, in tech, performance, and versatility. Pretty much $100K for either car, not a 991 S mind you. On a side note, the M6 is ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

Just wonder for you guys with the M5 as your only car, or main car, do you ever pine for the smaller sport car or the M5 enough for you?

Test drives are always fun and too subjective for me. Like looking a new house, it is hard to figure out how you would like it if haven't spent some time living in it.

Thanks!
I have three cars, but the SUV does not count(: My other car is a 650 convertible which is nice for long drives with the down, and it was been 100% reliable so I will not sell it. Now I was in your boat my target was a 911s or the M5. Pros for the 911 for me were, fast, light , sexy, nice trophy. Cons, I can't take my golf clubs, long drives a negative, tight space, and once you get all the nice options 125k easy.

M5, this is my 6th BMW never had any major problems, 4years free mtc always a plus, golf clubs ride, good for a long drive, crazy fast. Cons, I don't have my car now still in customs waiting on a oil pump (:, honestly that's the only con I have. The car drives fantastic in my opinion, and I can take 4 people in it if I chose to probably not!

You can't go wrong with either one, but for me I didn't see paying 30k more or a cars with the cons I listed. Money was not an issues it was more of a value thing for me becaue if I spend 130k, hell another 70k would just spend d 200k on something more exotic than a Porsche or BMW. The M5 was a winner all around for me, and I have no regrets even with the pump issue as it will pass, and all on this board will go back to talking about how they love the car again. Good look with your selection, and again I comment because the Porsche was on my radar. Now if I would get a Porsche it would be the RS 4.0 now your talking.
Appreciate 0