View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Get the CTS-V. More for your money. Any reason you are holding back on it?
Going to order the CTS-V Sedan w/ Black Diamond Tricoat exterior. Going to also order the M-Sport F30 335i w/ Estoril Blue exterior.

The two things holding me back were: 1) Certain aspects of the interior; 2) Winter driving aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
The LS series of power plants are nearly a bullet proof powerplants. They have been around for a long time and Chevrolet has them down to a science. Strapping a S/C on to an LS turns them into a completely different kind of beast. Reliable as the day is long, very fuel efficient for hp produced and a animal when the throttle is squeezed deep.
I know, I have one in my Corvette. Wait till you give that extra 20% throttle. Harkens too Space Balls line, "Ludicrous Speed!".
That's very comforting to know! I absolutely cannot wait to make 100 percent use of the throttle/available power. I was "relatively" judicious on the test drive out of respect for the future owner of the car (only had like 14 miles on it). Key word would be relatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Residual will be excellent; I believe the V6, 5.0, and existing Shelby are already segment leaders in that regard (maybe not the V6, I can't remember). It will only get better for the '13 Shelby. It's the LRA swan song.

But if you're looking at the CTS-V and F30, the Shelby would be a completely different beast. Doesn't seem like apples to apples. And regardless of what people say, the Shelby can be found for MSRP (even below). You just have to actively seek out the allotments that aren't being hit with ADM. Some people make it sound like that's impossible (and they said the same thing about the BOSS), but anyone who pays ADM on those cars is someone who is doing so either because they're ignorant of the fact they don't have to, or they just didn't feel like putting in the effort to find a non-gouged allocation.

If you loved the CTS-V, then get it! It's an amazing car in stock form or modded. However, if you plan on modding the motor, read up on it. There have been some issues, I believe with the bottom end. However, in stock form it's very reliable.
Thanks for the info on the Shelby. I would've looked into it further if it had been on my radar earlier but I've been messing around with this car search/ordering process for about 3 weeks now and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I really did love the CTS-V. It left an impression on me like no other car has in a while. Minus the interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Go with the V --- You're getting the M5 competition for less than M3 money. IMO, the M5 is King of the super saloons

but after that its the CTS-V, the E ///AMG, the new Audi S6 (shocking how Cadillac dove head first into this segment on a 2nd gen car).

Plus, hennessey already is making packages for the V, starting at 600 HP (intake, pulley & ecu upgrade) so there is A LOT of power left in that car
That's the plan as long as the dealer's offer holds until August.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0