View Single Post
      04-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #11
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Have Toyo Proxes R888's on the rear (315/30 ZR20) and stock tires up front (Pilot Super Sports 265/35 ZR20)

Was running in MDM mode. Do you think running with DSC off reduces the chances of going in to Limp Mode?

Ambient temp. was around 28 degrees Celsius, elevation is approx. 1700m above sea level and humidity is on the normal / low range.

What confuses me is that I ran exactly the same set up with same conditions around another longer / faster track and had no issues. But around this other specific track (which is much tighter) the M5 seemed to hate it, going in to Limp mode as explained.
I'm inclined to agree with gmd2003. With a rough calculation, using standard barometric pressure, the density altitude is way up there (2500-2700m) and the piggyback is probably causing some hard limits to be reached in regards to inlet, exhaust temps, and AFR demands prematurely. Maybe someone with deeper knowledge of the S63 will respond to the behavior of a piggyback with a density altitude over 8000ft.
Appreciate 0