View Single Post
      12-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #77
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
so gm's new philosophy is to just cram the 6.2l from the vette into everything. not really original and people could just spend less on a camaro or vette and have a car just as fast. next they are going to release the SS sedan with the same engine and rwd also with an 8 speed and MRC.

i personally think its ugly, angular, and slapped together with carbon bits to make it look "fast". id prefer a more understated version similar to the first gen cts-v
New philosophy? The first gen CTS-V, which competed against the e39 M5, had the C5 Z06 LS6 (and then the LS2) engine in it. And then the second gen CTS-V had a detuned ZR1 engine in it.
So, this formula is 10 yrs old. Nothing new about it.
Original? Let's not start on BMW's use of the 4.4 V8, and M doing its magic on it, for both the X5M/X6M and the M5/M6.
Also, the Camaro and the Corvette are coupes on two different chassis, and I believe the next gen Camaro will be on the same chassis as the ATS. The SS is on a different chassis than the CTS as well.

Also, the car doesn't look slapped together. It looks refined---I can do without the rear spoiler, it looks better without it.

And check the vid that was released. A sound quite different than the F10 M5.

Last edited by IS3andME; 12-23-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0