View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #80
dkoren
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 - 6spd

Believe me, I want my car 2 weeks ago too, but I'm not sure how BMW holding *THEIR* cars until they are ready to do a launch is greedy business? Remember, until you sign the paper work BMW still owns the cars.

Wouldn't greedy business be releasing the cars as soon as possible ignoring any business plans and just going to get their money as quickly as they can for the cars?

In the end, they have a business plan, they want to release the cars at a specific time, maybe that was a hold for a date, EPA/CARB, the planets to align, enough cars to get to the US, who knows. But the point is they are under no obligation to release them just because they are sitting at the port. In fact, every day they sit at the port costs BMW money. Clearly this means they are being forced to, or are willing to, hold off launch until what ever requirements are met.

The information we're all getting is coming from various sources, CAs, BMWNA Customer Support, friends inside BMWNA, etc. It is clear that everything is just educated guesses right now.

If you really are that upset about it, call your dealer, cancel your order and vote with your money. I personally will pick up my car as soon as it hits my dealer. Even if that's another month from now. I don't think it's the end of the world to wait a few more days or weeks, because honestly I'm going to forget about the wait with a single push of that starter button.
Appreciate 0