View Single Post
      06-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #48
Nessie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Speed Yellow

I have recently become a proud owner of a 2014 M5 Competition and haven’t stopped smiling since! It’s great to be able share in the wealth of experience and knowledge here in the forum.

This is my first post and after reading all the threads about the wheels and in particular the 601M’s as supplied with the competition package I have to respond with my thoughts.

Where is the evidence to confirm that the 601M wheels are cast and not forged? There appears to be a considerable amount of speculation in these threads.

Perhaps the spec is different in the USA than here in Europe but I doubt it. Please have a look at the current M5 sales brochure (this can be down loaded online). This clearly states in three places, when referring to the 601M wheels, that they are forged. Surely then, they are not cast or have we to assume that BMW is making a false statement in their sales literature. This is very unlikely as the repercussions are obvious. If you can give me the evidence I will be on the phone to my Lawyer tomorrow! It would be a shame if prospective buyers were misled by incorrect information.

Appreciate the communications below are over a year old now but it’s never too late to put things right! They are tremendous looking wheels and if you see them next to the 343’s they really set the car apart and I’m sure with the passage of time they will be the ones to have ‘cos everybody has the 343’s.
Appreciate 0