stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsama86 View Post
Thank you very much for your advice and your thought.
How should I ask dealer to adjust the vehicle price? The moment I ask about the discount he goes "nope I can't".

Also what do you think the market price of M5 will be after 4 years? Consider this is Canada and vehicle is more expensive than the states.

And I think 3rd party is buying the car first then leasing it to me with an option of must buy at the end of the lease so basically it becomes finance.
The car will probably be worth 40% of MSRP after 4 years. So think $45k or so.

I think you have to buy cash given your credit. The good news is this massively increases your leverage.

Here's what you do. Get your girlfriend, wife or alternatively executive assistant to call the dealers within say an 8 hour driving radius of you, and tell them that he/she is looking to buy a new or used M5 and that they should email over to her a list of their inventory. They should mention that this is a cash purchase.

This way they won't realize it's you, and will therefore be less likely to overprice.

Then pick the one with the largest inventory and offer them invoice over the phone. Tell then that you have found 35 M5s in stock within the local dealerships, and with a new model coming out in July you're doing them a favor taking it off their hands. You should easily get a few thousand off MSRP this way.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 03-31-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0