View Single Post
      01-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #50
steeve13m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
Under load 4th gear at exactly 4k Rpm = drivetrain malfunction and 5Th gear is gone!

I have Had M6 and now M5. I went through 2 transmissions on M6 with this same problem ! And now on my M5! Ahhahhhaah that makes 3!

In short.. I see now why bmw went Auto! Lol

Their is no fix for this, I have the BMW software that resets Adaptions, clutch adapt, trans adapt etc... it is a hit or miss if it makes the issue go away. Sometimes goes away for a few days sometimes a few months. It is the strangest thing. I suspect it to be sensor related vs Mechanical.. if it was mechanical it would Not just "go away"

If anyone has any tips or tricks please let me know before I buy a used Trans lol
Clutch diagram....anyone can confirm the latest part number(red) fixes the issue VS the earlier part numbers? if we decide to change transmission

BMW dealer said they have seen this issue and it is caused by internal metal shavings due to wear accumulating in the magnet(?) inside transmission and thus requires a transmission change(interesting)
Attached Images

2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0