View Single Post
      10-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #72
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdterror View Post
Agreed. Personally i think this car has way more power than i need. I used to have a turbo honda making 500whp and i can tell you this, it was fun and scary but it was never a worry free ride, youre always checking gauges, looking for smoke, smelling for coolant etc. Not to mention i blew a few engines too even the fully built professionally tuned ones trying to do highway pulls. The difference is, you can buy another used honda engine for 700 bucks or a built one for a couple grand. An M5 engine is upwards of 40k, thats a risk im not willing to take. Ill drive and enjoy my car the way the factory intended. More power to you guys willing to take the plunge tho, im yet to hear of anyone blowing up the engine.
No one really knows the limits of this engine and the tranny as to how much RELIABLE power they can handle. Guess time will tell
Maybe it was just rumor and car chat talk but apparently the m3 gintani stage 3.5+ (like 700whp) can't go on the dct because it couldn't take it (a kit I was thinking about getting)... Not sure how this gen of dct's is.

Again I'm not worried about modding, I'm worried about being the first one to find out from BMW: "Oh even though you flashed it back to stock, our new bluetooth 3.2.1.1.23.56.2 auto logging das auto feature logged it and sent us changes in your car on December 5th 2013, so you're VOIDED"

Appreciate 0